loader image for Bangladeshinfo

Breaking News

  • Bayern completes loan signing of Coutinho from Barca

  • ACC arrests another owner of FR Tower

  • PSG loses 2-1 at Rennes in League 1

  • Bale is going to stay at Madrid, says Zidane

  • Australia survive fright to draw Test

Obaidul Quader returns home

Obaidul Quader returns home

Bangladesh Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader returned to Dhaka on Wednesday (May 15) after receiving medical treatment in Singapore for over two months.

A Biman Bangladesh flight carrying Quader, also road transport and bridges minister, landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at around 6 p.m., local media reported citing Abu Naser, deputy principal officer at Road Transport and Bridges Ministry.

Awami League joint general secretaries Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak, Abdur Rahman and other central leaders received Quader with flowers at the airport.

Railways minister Nurul Islam Sujan, state minister for shipping and Awami League organising secretary Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury, another Awami League organising secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim and others were also present.

Quader expressed his gratitude to countrymen and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina who prayed for his recovery.

“Our Prime Minister is truly the mother of humanity. I’m indebted to her,” he said, adding, “I’m grateful to all the countrymen who have prayed for me”.

He also thanked party men who rushed to the hospital and prayed for him.

On Mar 3, Quader was admitted to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University’s coronary care unit. Later, he was diagnosed with three blocks in his coronary arteries.

The next day, a Mount Elizabeth Hospital air ambulance flew Quader to Singapore for better treatment as advised by doctors, including renowned Indian cardiologist Devi Shetty.

On Mar 20, the minister’s bypass surgery was conducted successfully at the Singapore hospital.

With gradual improvement, he was shifted to a cabin from the ICU on Mar 26.

On Apr 5, Quader was released from Mount Elizabeth Hospital but stayed in Singapore for further check-ups and complete recovery.