loader image for Bangladeshinfo

Breaking News

  • Deadline for VAT returns of March-April extended till Jun 9

  • WHO warns that 1st wave of pandemic is not over

  • Bangladesh reports 21 more Covid-19 deaths, 1166 fresh cases

  • Sunbeams founding head Niloufer Manzur passes away

  • Deputy Speaker's wife Anwara Begum no more

Subir Nandi cremated

Subir Nandi cremated

Noted singer Subir Nandi, who passed away at a Singapore hospital on Tuesday, was cremated at Sabujbagh crematory in the city on Wednesday (May 8). The funeral took place in the evening, local media reported citing his family members.

Earlier, people from all walks of life paid their last respects to the renowned singer at the Central Shaheed Minar and Bangladesh Film Development Corporation (BFDC).

Subir Nandi's body was kept at the Central Shaheed Minar from 11 a.m to 12 noon so that people can pay their tributes to the noted singer. Later, it was taken to the BFDC around 12:55 p.m.

Information Minister Hasan Mahmud, Public Works Minister SM Rezaul Karim, Bangladesh Awami League acting general secretary Mahbub-Ul-Alam Hanif, chief coordinator of the National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery Dr Samanta Lal Sen, cultural personalities Ramendu Majumdar and Nasir Uddin Yousuf paid their homage to Subir Nandi at the Shaheed Minar.

General Secretary of Sammilita Sangskritik Jote Golam Kuddus, singers Rathindranath Roy, Khurshid Alam, Timir Nandi, Fakir Alamgir, Kumar Biswajit, Andrew Kishore, Robi Chowdhury, Shuvro Dev, Nakib Khan, Fuad Naser Babu, Badsha Bulbul and SD Rubel were, among others, present.

The body of Subir Nandi was also taken to Channel i office and Ram Krishna Mission in the city before the cremation.

The body of Subir Nandi was brought back from Singapore in the morning. A flight of Regent Airways, carrying the mortal remains, landed at Shahjalal International Airport around 7 a.m.

Later, his body was taken to his Green Road residence from where it was taken to Dhakeshwari Temple.

The 65-year-old singer died at a hospital in Singapore in the early hours of Tuesday (May 7).