The third Test between New Zealand and Bangladesh in Christchurch has been called off following a shooting attack in the city on Friday (Mar 15 ). New Zealand Cricket confirmed the players and staff of both teams were “safe and accounted for” before they released an official statement confirming the abandonment of the Test.
Bangladesh's side will return home on Saturday. A statement from BCB said: "The Bangladesh Team is scheduled to arrive home tomorrow (Saturday) at BST 22h40. The BCB and NZC has worked together in making all necessary arrangements for bringing the team back to Dhaka as a matter of priority. "The Christchurch Test was the third of the series. New Zealand won the first two Tests in Hamilton and Wellington.
Meanwhile, opening batsman Tamim Iqbal wrote on Twitter: "Entire team got saved from active shooters!!! Frightening experience and please keep us in your prayers." Local media said there were multiple casualties at one mosque and that another had been evacuated. The attack was described by prime minister Jacinda Arden as "one of New Zealand's darkest days".
- Source: News websites