Cristiano Ronaldo is prepared to take on Udinese in Serie A on Saturday (Oct 6), according to boss Massimiliano Allegri. The Portuguese forward was banned for the 3-0 victory in the Champions League against Young Boys on Tuesday, with Paulo Dybala scoring a hat-trick in that game. The former Real Madrid star, 33, was left out of the Portugal squad yesterday amid allegations of rape made against him - which he denies.
Cristiano Ronaldo prepares to return for Juventus in their Serie A match at Udinese on Saturday. Portugal forward Ronaldo, 33, has "firmly" denied raping Kathryn Mayorga at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009. He missed Tuesday's Champions League win against Young Boys through suspension after being sent off against Valencia.
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri said he was "ready to return to action".
"I've known Cristiano for three months now and for over 15 years of his career he has shown to be a great professional both on and off the pitch," he added.
"He has broad shoulders, so much so that he can be completely focused on the match."
The Italian champions signed Ronaldo from Real Madrid for £99.2m in July.
On Thursday, Juventus posted on social media: "Cristiano Ronaldo has shown in recent months his great professionalism and dedication, which is appreciated by everyone at Juventus."
Ronaldo is not in Portugal's squad for this month's games against Poland and Scotland. The former Manchester United player had been rested for their internationals in September.
Ms Mayorga alleges she was raped after meeting the footballer at a Las Vegas nightclub.
Earlier this week, CR7 spoke out on social media, saying he was calm over "any and all investigations" as he had a "clear" conscience over the allegation.
Ronaldo's lawyers have said they may bring a legal action against the magazine which first reported Ms Mayorga's claims.
- Source: News websites