Hollywood Star, Bruce Willis has confirmed the long-gestating Die Hard 6 is still happening. The original Die Hard is 30 years old this year and was breath of fresh air when first released. Movies in the 1980's had been dominated by indestructible muscle men like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, but Die Hard instead featured a normal, everyman cop caught up in a siege and just struggling to stay alive.
Die Hard spawned four sequels, but with each follow-up, the everyman quality of John McClane got stripped further away. The character got caught up in increasingly outlandish situations, and by A Good Day To Die Hard he was hanging off helicopters and getting thrown through windows with barely a scratch to show for it. The next movie has been dubbed Die Hard: Year One, and is said to be a prequel/sequel, featuring modern-day McClane investigating a case related to his rookie years.
Willis appears somewhat bored with action movies in general, and in the last five years most of his output has been extended cameos in straight to DVD films like Acts of Violence. The actor will return to the big screen this Friday for Death Wish, a glossy remake of the controversial 1974 thriller. While the most recent poster pitches the movie as Willis’ comeback, there doesn’t seem to be much buzz surrounding it. That said, fans are very excited by his return for Glass, a sequel that will unite the characters from M. Night Shyamalan’s Unbreakable and Split.